What are Fills?
Once you have a full set of eyelash extensions, you will need to come in periodically for “fills’. Fills are simply new lashes placed on natural lashes as the old ones fall off. Lash extensions typically last the same lifetime as your natural lash cycle, which is between 3-5 weeks. However, to avoid them looking patchy as they grow out, it is recommended to perform top ups as early as within 2 weeks in order to keep lashes looking completely full and uniform.
Why do some people need Fills sooner than others?
Great question. Here are a few points to consider regarding elements that can affect how quickly an you many require Fills:
- What kind of care do you perform to your lashes on a daily basis?
- How much makeup do I use on or near my lashes?
- What kinds of products are my extensions are being exposed to?
- How do I sleep, i.e. on my back or on my face or side where the pillow is rubbing my eyes?
- Are my lashes exposed to heat or water? ie. saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs, swimming pools
Ideally, it is recommended that you fill your lashes as early as within 2 weeks, but longer wait times may mean it will take longer to fill the lashes as more lashes will need to be filled.
Fills should be completed and begin within 2 weeks from the date of your last appointment. A sliding scale of pricing for lash fills can be found on the Pricing page.
Changing the world, one Lash at a Time